Bodnaruk Law Office
Divorce & Family Law, Real Estate, Wills & Estates


Notary Services


Notary Public and Commissioner for Oaths

We are available by appointment to provide our services as a Notary Public or Commissioner  for Oaths. Documents that are intended to be used solely within  the Province of Alberta may need to be signed in front of a Commissioner for Oaths. Documents that are intended to be used outside of the Province of Alberta or Canada, usually require the signature of a Notary Public. Examples of documents requiring the signature of a Notary Public include passport applications, statutory declarations, child travel letters, notarized copies or certified true copies of original documents, and immigration applications.

Notary services  are not intended to be used for separation agreements, cohabitation agreements, prenuptial agreements, personal guarantees, or for transfers of land in another province. Please let us know what type of document you need signed when you schedule an appointment.

At your appointment, please bring:

  • Two pieces of identification, including at least one government issued photo ID card, such as a driver’s licence;
  • The document that you need notarized; and
  • Any documents relating  to the document that you are signing.

Do not sign the document prior to your appointment. The person signing the document must attend the appointment at our office. If you need us to make a certified copy of an original document, please bring the original document to your appointment.    

Please contact our office should you require a Notary Public or Commissioner for Oaths.